This year’s sessions will be held remotely via Zoom. At each meeting, we will touch base about progress toward monthly research goals identified in the meeting prior, and then focus our conversations as follows:
1. Job Market Plans + Workshop of Cover Letters & CVs – Aug. 27, 2020, 2:30-4 EST
After discussing general plans and questions about this year’s job search, will workshop cover letters and CVs with an eye toward revision for the academic job market.
2. Alt-Ac Opportunities – Sept. 29, 1-3 PM EST
Introduction to considering and preparing for alt-ac opportunities, with Jenny Furlong, Director of the Office of Career Planning and Professional Development at CUNY.
3. Online Teaching – Oct. XX, XX PM EST
4. Mock Interviews & Practice – Nov. XX, XX PM EST
6. TBD – Feb. XX, XX PM EST
7. First Semester in TT Positions – March XX, XX PM EST
Will discuss strategies for navigating experiences common to the first semester on the tenure track. Will be joined by a former CHI fellow, now an assistant professor in the Department of History at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, Asheesh Siddique.
8. TBD – April XX, XX PM EST